KOBO was created in 2006 by Junko Kobori. Originally from Kumamoto in southern Japan, she and her husband spent many years traveling the world before settling in Saratoga Springs, NY. Junko was always struck by the scent of each place, and how absent those fragrances were when a photo of a location is viewed. Yet later, while reminiscing on her travels, the aroma was still very present to her memory.Kobo candles are made of domestically grown sustainable soybeans. This creates the cleanest burning medium and excellent level of fragrance yield. Cotton wicks provide a pure and clean flame. Kobo candles are not only created using environmentally friendly materials but they do not pollute the home either.
At Acorn, we are proud to stock their Seeds collection: along with light and beautiful botanical fragrances, the boxes the candles come in are completely biodegradable and even contain seeds of the plant that provides the scent inspiration. You plant the box in the ground and the seeds germinate and grow into lovely plants and flowers, continuing the cycle. The varieties we are currently stocking include:
- Wild Tomato Vine (ripe tomato, wild clover, fresh herbs and leafy greens)
- Siam Poppy (poppies, black and red currants, citrus)
- Catalan Calendula (calendula, orange blossoms, wildflowers)
- Fresh Cut Grass (clipped grass, cedar, baby green tropical fruit.)
- Somerset Thyme (thyme, sage, lemon leaf)